Registration of your Information Officer with the Information Regulator is a compulsory requirement set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act.
The Information Officer’s responsibilities include but is not limited to:
• Developing a PAIA manual;
• Developing a compliance framework; and
• Doing personal information impact assessments.
Registration of Information Officers must be done via:
• The online portal on the Information Regulator’s website; or
• Submitted manually via the email address provided by the Information Regulator.
Non-compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act could lead to a fine, reputational damage or imprisonment of your Information Officer.
Keep an eye on our social media for a FREE POPI webinar on the 23rd of June 2021.
To find out how SEESA can help your business visit our website for more: