Yes, all companies that are submitting Employment Equity reports to the Department of Labour voluntarily are required to comply with all aspects of the Employment Equity Act.
The following duties should be complied with even though your company is submitting Employment Equity voluntarily:
- Duty to appoint an Employment Equity Manager;
- Duty of communication and awareness;
- Duty to establish an Employment Equity Committee;
- Duty to compile an analysis;
- Duty to compile a EE plan with a one to five-year duration;
- Duty to report to the Department of Labour annually.
Failure to comply with the Employment Equity Act can result in a fine from the Department of Labour.
If your company no longer falls within the criteria of a Designated Employer and does not want to submit such reports voluntarily, please contact your SEESA SDF to assist with the Deactivation process.
To find out how SEESA can help your business visit our website for more: